Saturday 29 May 2010

A damn fine cup of coffee


Everyone needs caffeine to survive right?

Well a few years ago my main source of caffeine was Diet Coke. I drank gallons of it. I probably went through 4 -5 cans during a working day and then probably more when I got home. Then I decided that was probably bad so I stopped and started drinking orange squash.


However bizarrely since I stopped doing shift work and moved onto the 9-5 life late last year, caffeine has become a staple diet in my life again. Although this time in coffee form. Although I have become fussy about my coffee. My place of work has a Costa Coffee on the premises which I vow not to use due to financial implications but the jar of instant I keep in my drawer (even if it is premium instant) just doesn't cut it when you know Costa is just downstairs.

Work is covered but I don't tend to drink coffee in the house. Firstly because it doesn't occur to me to boil the kettle, secondly it takes so long to boil the kettle and thirdly, it instant - see previous comment. I have never bought a coffee maker because I live alone, and as I say don't drink enough coffee alone to warrant it. But today that all changed I bought a pod system coffee maker. A Tassimo to be precise. It makes one cup at a time which is perfect for me, makes it instantly, and you can buy lots of different varieties.

I have had it for a grand total of 7 hours and am already in love with it.


1 comment:

  1. I had something similar to that once (A Senseo), and kept it at my desk because the coffee at work was just so undrinkable. My friend (in the Navy and therefore a chronic acronym-er) would call it SPAC - Stuff Posing As Coffee.
    I've looked at the Tassimo things, but honestly, I drink enough coffee (especially since I work from home) to warrant a big coffee maker and gave the Senseo to a friend. Hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete