Monday 5 January 2009

In Mourning


Last night while watching inane rubbish on television my Sky + box switched off mid show. When it finally decided to switch back on my Sky + planner was empty, EMPTY I tell ya. Now I must've had around 30 hours of TV recorded over Christmas on it. Devasted is not the word.

I had a couple movies, the Soccer AM new year edition with the annual Dance Off, some general rubbish that I record to fill time when nothing else is on and the worst thing.......all the christmas specials I had recorded but not had a chance to watch yet.

I had some that I was keeping to show other people, but several that i had still to watch myself. The most upsetting aspect of all is I lost the Dr Who episode 'Blink' which I've been trying to see again since it first aired. It finally came on again, I recorded it and just haven't got round to watching it again and now it's gone......GONE! 30 hours of TV for me to watch GONE. Also it wouldn't let me record anything else. Or pause or rewind. How was I going to survive.

This morning I spent 15 minutes calling various numbers and plowing through automated menus until someone finally sorted the problem which means I can now record, pause, rewind again but they can't restore what I've lost. I then spent two hours setting up shows to record in the future - trying to remember what rubbish I watch.

The most disturbing thing about all this is that I genuinely am upset about losing my recordings. Just how did people live when they had to actually be in when a show was on to see it. Even living without the pause function was making me angry. It was at this point I finally gave in to the fact that i am a slave to technology and there is just no denying it anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I gots two words for you... "Bit" and "Torrent". ;)

    coughcoughThePirateBayDotOrgcoughcough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there..Liking your new blog..
    Totally know what you mean. Even the girls are so used to it, wanting their programmes paused or rewound if they nip to the loo!! I also missed not being able to tape films. The girls have watched Big Mommas House to death, we deleted it! Now it's The Tuxedo!
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete