Sunday 25 January 2009

Accepting my inner geek

I've been working a lot overtime lately, this is due to: 1 - it being available and 2 - me needing money. As a result of this I have been recording lots of stuff on TV and have realised that I am struggling to catch up. So today, due to migraines and a touch of laziness, I took today off and have spent the day watching pre-recorded stuff and it made me wonder what people do without technology. I don't consider myself a geek, I have friends who are waay geekier than me. Some like sci-fi, some like gadgets, some like sci-fi and gadgets but I have always considered myself the least geeky. However I am slowly coming to realise that I am a bit of a gadget freak. I have sky plus, nintendo wii, iphone, digi camera, guitar hero world tour. I can't imagine not having these things, like really I think I'd need to move into a cave or something.

Also, something I was always aware of is my little obsessions. Basically I start enjoying things and become unhealthily obsessed. My current obsession is Fame, I grew up watching it, I wanted to be in it. I wanted my school to be like it and all the memories came flooding back when someone in my work randomly lent me the DVD of series 1. Unfortunately I can't sing, act or play an instrument so my dreams were not going to come true. Yesterday we went to see the live show which was a great fun day out. Today - yes I'm watching the DVD and singing along.

OMG I am geeky beyond belief, I may have to finally come to the realisation that I am not the coolest person in my circle of friends :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey there..

    Fame was brilliant!! There was something on recently, but it was the motion film of it, so not the same. If you get a chance, could you perhaps send me a copy of that? Tried to see if I could download it off the puter, but couldnt!
    Will e-mail you, hope ytou are well!!

    ReplyDelete